Saturday, October 23, 2010

Winter is a comin!

It's getting a bit cold in Salt Lake City. Dia and I went to an excruciatingly difficult yoga practice the other day. I don't know if I feel like I'm getting the flu because I over-exerted myself or because of the weather. Regardless, I changed my sheets from summer sheets to winter sheets. I thought of my mother while I was changing them, always so motherly and so worried. She packed these super warm and cozy fleece sheets in my bag, along with a heating pad, last time I left her house. I have to say the colors complimented my blanket. I don't pay much attention to color coordinating my room anymore. I did when I first moved in, but once again I'm planning on uprooting myself back to my home town. I've had enough of "Red" my crazy roommate, although Tiffany from downstairs told me that the other day "Red left a nice note in the bathroom about giving her some copper colored bobby pins with a smiley face!" But still, I'm getting a little antsy being in the same place for a good amount of time.
I've been having a bit of health trouble recently. I stopped drinking alcohol and coffee, started going to yoga religiously and now I listen to "happy pop music" instead of talk radio. I don't think it's helping much. What do you guys do when you are down?

Last night all five of "Meg and Dia" were at the band house stuffing poster tubes with posters for our street team members to hang up in venues. It was terrible. You'd think my tiny Asian fingers would be pro at the task, but I couldn't even get one tube full of rolled up posters! Carlo was the master, until he spilled his glass of whiskey on about 12 or 13 of them. Oh well, guess he made up for them in speed. 

I'm going to my ex-boyfriends wedding tonight. It gets a little strange when you start getting to the age where all your friends are getting married. (And even a little more strange when the person you had dreams of matrimony is walking down the aisle with a cute little ethnic girl!) They do look adorable together, I have to admit. I love wedding cake though and seeing the "wedding kiss" and such HAPPY people. I think I really need it right now.

Also, I'm going to visit my mother tomorrow! Dia and I are going to go to this italian store called Tony Caputos to bring her some fine chocolates and raspberry honey. She deserves it. If anybody is a chocolate buff you must try "Patrick's Madagascar" chocolate.

I don't have any book suggestions at the moment. I've been reading a lot of non-fiction books about business. Boring! I know, I'm growing up. Yucky. However, Dia dropped a copy of Middlesex to me. I read the first chapter. It seems promising.

We recorded some youtube videos last night of us playing some music off of "It's Always Stormy in Tillamook" last night because, get this: Dia actually did her hair and got dressed because she was going on a date and she wanted to take advantage of the moment. Ha ha. What a character!

Well, right now I'm going to the SLC library to play around in its' gorgeous glass walls and find me some interesting reads for tour!

Honestly,
Meg

6 comments:

  1. When I'm down, I find that the best way to resurrect myself is to spend time with the ones I love. They give me a nice reminder as to why life is worth living. Or I'll happily take out my blues on a paint canvas or some other art project. I'll also treat myself to some Korean/Japanese/Chinese tunes (not just some random noise, the stuff that I already know and love) or all-you-can-eat sushi with friends. Those usually do the trick for me. haha. Take care Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really good suggestions. I had Korean food the other day and it was awesome!!! I'd say it lifted my spirits a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to watch Breakfast At Tiffany's and Mean Girls when I'm down. Very different, but they make me happy. I also enjoy baking things. There's just... something about making things with your own hands. (Actually, now that I think about it, your jewelry making would fit under that category. Haha.)

    If you ever need any help with poster-type band stuff or whatever, I'm always up for it! I like to help out.

    Going on tour soon, maybe that will help!

    Cheers!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire you for having the will to slice both coffee and alcohol out and live healthier in general, regardless of health issues. I promise, I speak from experience.

    When I'm down, I like to write. The obvious and cliche aside, I think some of the best joys in life can be found by dumbing life down a bit. Sometimes, rebuilding an entire lifestyle just seems like no mountain to climb, but simplifying anything makes it become less daunting.

    I try to do things that allow me a sense of gratification but also allow me to maintain a level of reason. I'm not going to end world hunger alone and I know this. I'll do things such as take a hike up a big hill, attempt to follow a semi-complicated recipe with limited resources or smile at strangers in passing and try to get them to smile back.

    For me, all types of recognition are good, but the best kind is that which I find within myself, for myself. I love it when I have confidence that people believe in me, but the ability to believe in myself is what ends up changing my life. The amazing part about our lives as humans is that while nobody can make our dreams come true for us, no one can shatter our hopes for us either. In the words of Bon Jovi, "It's My Life." You and your band have touched a lot of people, it's not supposed to end there and I trust the same musician who wrote "The Least Great Star In Hollywood" won't let it.

    I learned "to smile" and "if I fall, get back up" before I learned to talk. I'm pretty sure we learn them in that order for a reason.

    I am aware you didn't ask for an essay. I apologize and I am not asking for anything either. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually when life is getting me down, its because I'm putting too much thought into it. One my personal favorite things to do is listen to music until I find a song that speaks to me and try to draw the song. It gets me out of my funk and thinking creatively again. After I'm done I can usually use the new mindset to combat or fix what was bothering me in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I were a professional or at least semi-pro photographer, I would be honored to photograph you guys for free...as long as you make great music.

    ReplyDelete