Monday, October 25, 2010

You guys make me smile.

What insightful advice all of you had! One person mentioned their response on my last blog for being an "essay", but I loved the response. They all made me feel so much better. I'm having a very talented friend of mine revamp my blogsite. I'm very excited about that change coming up. Also, my latest jewelry piece will be up in the beginning of November. No, it's not the Chandler. But "Chandler" is involved in the design.

Did I mention Dia and I are visiting my mother right now. It's amazing to have someone cooking for me again. I just finished helping my little sister, who is in middle school, with her math homework. It really took me back to my school days. Also, I found out my sister is being a cheerleader and dressing up in my old cheerleader uniform. That's right! Im not ashamed to admit it.

There is something really strange about visiting the town that you grew up in. Some times I get a cozy feeling when I drive by my old high school or down the boulevard. Other times, it's super creepy and I'm praying I don't run into anyone I know at the grocery store.

Dia and I attempted to take some band photos of each of us today. We went out on this old farm, and it took about two minutes before we got busted for trespassing on "private property". She took a few photos of me posing on the stairs in our house, and standing near a book shelf. She's the only person I know, who could get behind a camera, snap a couple photos of me, and make my thighs look larger then my head. Needless to say... we will be hiring and paying for a professional photographer...again.

 We just have such a hard time with photographers. Pictures of us are part of the art. And noone captures our images so that they compliment our music. What a conundrum...

I wrote a song about "holding on to a dream". It's about finding your dream again, after life and adult responsibilities get in the way. I hate using the word "dream" in lyrics though. Too cheesy. Too overdone. I'll find something else.

Scatterbrained blog tonight guys. I apologize in advance. With the morning sun, I will rise again, and perhaps write something more engaging.

Honestly,
Meg

4 comments:

  1. "It's about finding your dream again, after life and adult responsibilities get in the way."
    I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled upon this blog and I'm so glad I did! I was just listening to your albums on myspace (my go-to music when I'm doing something like homework right now) and I decided to check out your Facebook page since I haven't really been up to date lately. That's how I found this blog. I've been a fan of Meg & Dia since the grand opening show at Local and am so glad to see you guys become so successful.

    Anyway, not sure what type of books you are into, but my absolute favorite book is "The Time Traveler's Wife." If you haven't read that one, definitely look into it! I've gotten a bunch of people to read it and they love it. The movie really doesn't do it justice. And if you haven't seen the movie, please read the book first! It's so much better and won't ruin the story for you.

    Well, thanks for writing and I don't mind the scatterbrained blog. I like reading stream-of-conscious stuff and this is so real. I'll definitely be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, I love your writing style and the emotion behind it. It always flows so well.

    Y'know, I have a friend that's a pretty decent photographer and I'm sure she's take your photos for free. She's a pretty big fan, and she should be around in December after your tour. (She's going to school in Cedar right now.) I can show you some of her stuff during our next lesson if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is wonderful that you are sharing in a blog like this... i know you started others and you write all the time, but blogspot makes it easier to follow you (so it's wonderful for selfish reasons?... well, partly, but also wonderful because your mind should be shared more publically, regularly, often, and this is a habit that can help you do that :)

    and when is dia going to get off her duff to start one of these too? (hope you guys don't mind my friendly teasing :)

    ReplyDelete