Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tangled

Dear friends,

What a flurry of activity I have been in lately. How I do love it.



And of course, in between all the time spent with my shop glasses on my nose, I find time to strum out some simple melodies.

What have I been up to?

Well, aside from making some custom Valentine's Day hearts for many of you, I have been working on some new pieces!

The first is a custom order I made for Cianna from Cypress Texas. Her brother asked if I could make her a piece inspired by "The Great Gatsby" Duh! I love that book. F. Scott Fitzgerald is my hero. Seriously! I have to admit, I was a little intimidated by his request. I even pulled out the book to give me ideas. I decided to make a sort of cameo of a woman who would have danced with Gatsby at one of those outlandish parties he threw...

Also, it's about time I introduced the next robot piece: Joey the Robot! I have been working and re-working on creating a robot out of clay. Finally, I figured out a way. I loved making a robot in this medium because of the freedom the malleability of the clay gave me. Also, I wanted to make a piece that is more "male friendly". Of course you ladies can wear him too. (I do:)

Honestly,
Meg

13 comments:

  1. Meg, I love the new stuff! Especially Joey! :D

    Also. That new picture of you is fantastic. It's so weird, but it hardly even looks like you! And where did you take it? Utah? It's been friggen freezing and if you did I think you're crazy.

    Also, be sure to thank whoever sent me the Birthday message on Twitter for me! Was very sweet and very much appreciated!

    Also, love the Great Gatsby! I think I was the only person in my class who did when we read it.

    Keep on keepin' on!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, your blog exploded with a bunch of new pictures, text, and jewelry! Neato! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I do not get Joey for my birthday, I will buy him. I must buy him.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/faerietaledreams/5412169747/
    ^Thats a photo of Chandler. He likes me. I keep him in my camera bag when what I'm wearing doesn't match him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elisabeth,

    I love that pic you took of Chandler. Can you send that to me?

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops. i didn't mean anything when i used the term "male friendly". btw, i like your handling of the clay on the gatsby piece. it looks so clean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new pieces are beautiful as always. And I agree with Alyce, that new photo of you in the sidebar is absolutely gorgeous, Meg!
    I'll definitely be buying Joey in the next couple weeks. Can't wait to hang him on my wall next to Ross and the Chandler brothers. :3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks awesome Meg, much better than anything I could have helped you contrive. And as an added bonus I made you brush off an old copy of one of your favorite novels, so everyone wins ;-).

    Next time around i'll have to make a custom piece by one of my favorite authors (Hemingway!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. DUDE
    the great gatsby necklace is freakin awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crabcakes, you're actually using my photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How soon are you going to make more of the "Lilly" and "Dagny's Gift" designs? I absolutely love them, and really want to buy one, but sadly they are sold out :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the necklace. It's fantastic, and is one of the top 2 best Valentine's day presents ever.

    ReplyDelete