Wednesday, June 22, 2011

'Voice' coach Blake Shelton gets unique gift from Utah contestant


Video Courtesy of KSL.com

June 21st, 2011 @ 10:21pm
By Sarah Dallof
SALT LAKE CITY — It was a standout performance on NBC's "The Voice"Tuesday night by Utah's own Dia Frampton. The judges called her inventive and awesome, but she needs your votes to make it to the final round.
Blake Shelton's cowbot, created by Meg Frampton
The slot for Dia's No.1 fan, however, may already be filled by coach Blake Shelton. With the help of her sister Meg Frampton, she was able to thank him with a one-of-a-kind gift.
"I design quirky stuff," Meg told KSL News.
"Quirky" is the right word to describe Meg's jewelry, but it's also very whimsical and unique. Many of them revolve around a robot named Chandler, and they've caught the eye of stylists on The Voice as well as Dia's coach, Blake Shelton.
"Dia had been wearing it around a lot, and Blake came up and said, ‘Is that a robot? I want one. I want one that looks like a cowboy.' And Dia called me immediately," Meg said. "I was freaking out. Blake Shelton wants to wear one of my jewelry pieces!"
So, Meg got to work creating little robots with a western twist.
"Meg made him little ‘cowbots,'" Dia said. "They were really cute. They had little boots. And she made one for Miranda."
Chandler the Robot
Want to see more of Meg Frampton's robot jewelry? Visitchandlertherobot.blogspot.com.
Miranda is country artist Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton's new wife. Her "cowbot" has pink boots and a pink cowboy hat. Blake's is a little more masculine.
Meg will soon sell similar cowbots online as a special edition item — a piece to commemorate a top-notch judge and her sister's time on "The Voice."
To take a closer look at Meg's jewelry visit chandlertherobot.blogspot.com. And don't forget to vote for Dia on "The Voice;" just call 1-855-VOICE-03.
Voting closes Wednesday at 8 a.m. MDT, and a special results show is planned for Wednesday night at 8 p.m.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats Meg!
    Good to see your jewelry getting some recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the recognition! It's completely deserved! Totally pulling for Meg & Dia in any facet they try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craziness! Dia is a TOP 5 iTunes artist and Chandler the Robot makes the news...

    Life's good isn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is! ha ha. I'm walking on cloud nine:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AWESOME!
    I just stumbled across your blog, and im glad I did, you just found yourself a new follower! :)

    I was able to see/watch you and your sister perform at the University of Portland in February; you girls are amazing I love your sound! im a fan!

    your jewelry is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, all of this attention is insane. Congrats for making the news, Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE YOUR NECKLACES!!!! SOOO GLAD THEY GOT RECOGNITION!!!!! I'm still trying to convince someone to purchase one for me :)

    Hopefully i will!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw this last night and loved it. Chandler the robot is so cute :) I know Blake and Miranda had to love theirs!

    You and Dia are so so pretty. I mean this in the least creepiest way possible, but I'm Korean and married to a white boy and told my husband the other day "I hope our girls look like Meg & Dia" :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omgsh that's so awesome!!! You must've been so stoked. I'm so happy that you're both getting recognition for things you enjoy doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. success is wonderful and i love it for you, but don't forget the music - you can be this century's beatles :)

    ReplyDelete