Thursday, March 8, 2012

Planes And Cabs And Hotels

Robert, seated in the passenger side seat of the cab, snaps a photo of the Seattle skyline as we cross the bridge and approach the city. I used to want to live here. Seattle has the same freedom of spirit that Austin has, only different…somehow. This morning I am seated behind our mute cab driver. Thank goodness he isn't jabbering away. I hate that.  

I wrote the above paragraph about five hours ago. Since then, we performed on a very polite morning news station in Seattle. Afterword we enjoyed a mouthwatering lunch of bread soup and blood orange salad.


Now we are seated at the Seattle airport patiently waiting for another hour to pass so we can hop on a plane and meet up with everyone in Spokane. We are always in transit. It seems funny to me that we just performed in one city in the morning, and now we are flying to another city to play a full set. 

The news caster asked Dia this morning "So, what has your life been like post "The Voice?"

This is what life has been like post "The Voice": Cab. Plane. Bus. Plane. Hotel. Cab. Cab. 

Dia's standing in the aisle at the airport, completely oblivious to the small families having to let go of hands and navigate around this strange girl peering at her phone and laughing out loud at her clever tweets. Robert is sipping on a chocolate mocha that the very nice woman whipped up for him at the coffee place in the airport that was not Starbucks. She complimented my boots, so I liked her. 

Dia found a dog.


I found a the loch ness monster.



So, we've had a good day so far.

Honestly,
Meg

15 comments:

  1. A nice, simple, yet poignant blog. Living in constant motion must be a little exhausting, ya? but I'm sure you guys are loving it all at the same time.

    It seems like you guys have had a simple pleasure of enjoying the smaller things in life. "Dia found a dog. I found the loch ness monster." It really warms my heart.

    I'm curious! How has touring on a huge tour like this changed your perspective of things? Or has it not at all and you've just been taking it all as it comes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... Thanks for my next blog post topic!

      Delete
  2. You guys did a great performance on the show. It was awesome to see you guys perform live, I've never seen you live before. I remember one of the staff members reminded us before the show aired that we had to be a good audience and always smile and clap and pretend to be happy even if we weren't. Well I can tell you that I didn't need to pretend what so ever, I'm pretty sure I had a smile chiseled into my face the entire time you guys were performing and during Dia's interview. I hope you have a great concert in Spokane.

    Enjoy my book/letter/comics, I hope they aren't too cheesy for your taste haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny, I was wondering why everyone looked so stoked. That makes sense:) That books looks awesome. I'm excited to read it. I'm going to have to wait until Dia is done;)

      Delete
  3. Life is good for you guys, I see. Both of you looked "marvelous" for the show in spite of the tolls of the road!
    Hey, I liked the earlier post you had about Nick and yourself. Not sure why it's missing now. Anyway, you can see the love in your photos. Hang on to it with all your arms, hands, legs and toes. One thing that I have learned is that love requires everything you have and in return is everything you need. Enjoy, you seem great together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tim,

      I was saving that post for a few weeks out... I sometimes plan ahead, and I'm not quite sure why that one popped up instead of this one. Consider it a sneak peak. Thank you. Nick is my favorite!

      Delete
    2. I started to read the earlier post also but I got busy at work and figured I'd read the rest later. Well later came and the post disappeared, I'm thinking dang what happened I enjoy reading about you and Nick. I really hope for the best between you two. Ha ha and to think I blew my one shot to look into the future, well I got the first part anyway. It's really nice to have a favorite in your life!

      Delete
  4. I like reading these kind of posts! Just a quick informative post about what's going on with you guys right now.

    I had read this post before earlier and you had edited it a little bit since. You had said something that I assume you intended to take out now so I won't say anything to spoil it. All I'm gonna say is that I'm excited ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't even remember what I edited out. I've sort of been scatter-brained today! Too much traveling!

      Delete
  5. Love your blogs meg! You inspire me with your blogs, lyrics and creativity. I hope to be like you one day and to hopefully meet you:) I will probably ball my eyes out if i am even 5 steps away from you. Say hi to dia and the band from my twin sister and i?

    Casey xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys were awesome in SLC :) Thanks for the great show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so much like the pic of your mom from the behind the scenes for "The Broken Ones" music video. :O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Discovering a cab at Almost flight terminal is not a trial by any indicates. You should keep a few things in thoughts after you leave area.

    cabs in streatham

    ReplyDelete
  9. If someone wants to enjoy traveling across any country should get proper information about plans tickets, Cabs or taxi arrangements, and hotel bookings. I suggests Airport for comfortable transportation service.
    Toronto Airport Taxi

    ReplyDelete