Tuesday, May 8, 2012

CTR News!

We have one show left of "The Fray" Tour. The last show date will be held at "Red Rocks" in Denver, Colorado. I've never heard of this place before. Nick keeps talking about some DVD that The Dave Mathews taped at Red Rocks that was amazing, so I'm feeling quite excited about the last day nevertheless.

I'd like to give a big "Thank You!" to Isaac and The Fray for bringing us out.

Backstage with Isaac Slade, "The Fray's" lead singer, at Sunfest in West Palm, Florida


The last day of this tour is the 12th of May, but we do have one more date scheduled for the Sun God Festival on the 18th in San Diego. (The "Silversun Pickups will be performing as well. I must admit, for this reason, I am most excited to be trekking all the way to San Diego!)  On the 20th of May, I'll be returning home to my jeweler's studio which means the "BFF" necklaces will be returning around that time. A few of you have been emailing me about them, so I'm happy to tell you they will be back soon.

Also, I only had 20 of the Stupendous Chandler keychains available this last "First Thursday" which sold out during the pre-order. I know a lot of you didn't get a chance to order when they were supposed to be available on the First Thursday of this month, so I am planning on releasing some more of those probably sometime in the middle of next month. I have a question about the keychains, since it seemed like a lot of guys ordered them, (who aren't necessarily partial to the jewelry), do you guys prefer silver or copper for my next batch of Stupendous keychains?

In other CTR news, Nylon Magazine is now featuring CTR jewelry in their Nylon Shop. Woo hoo! Thanks to everyone at Nylon for adding Chandler to the Nylon family! (P.S. just so ya'll know, I haven't met anyone at Nylon in person, but via the internet they are all sweethearts!)



As always, I'm excited to be out here on the road with new adventures every day with the band, but I always ALWAYS miss working with my little robots!

Honestly,
Meg

17 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Nylon Shop! Wish the Sun God Festival was available for the public versus UCSD students... I must say I'm a little bitter I won't be able to see you guys since the show is so close to home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valeree! If you look on Craigslist a lot of students are selling their guest tickets... One guy has his up for only 60 bucks.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the update Emilie. I didn't even know that.

      Delete
    3. I'm bummed too that the Sun God Fest is only for UCSD students. There are still tickets available for the San Diego House of Blues show on 6/22, though. Meg, will we be able to buy any of your jewelry at that venue?

      Delete
    4. I've been trying to contact friends of friends who go to UCSD so I can purchase tickets for this fest. You guys AND Silversun Pickups will be so exciting to see in one day! I still have to look into if its possible I can attend. Are any of you guys attending?

      And thank you emilieg for that heads up, I may look into that!

      Delete
  2. Meg-It's great that you are playing at Red Rocks!!! One of the most iconic performances in rock history was U2 at Red Rocks. You may have seen the video as a small child on MTV when they played music. To give you a taste of what's to come, I attached a link to it.
    http://youtu.be/0NAgCL0_oqM
    Hopefully, it won't rain on you too. You need to make sure you have your solo center stage here (Bucket List item)!
    As always- love reading the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tim. Your video link was the first glimpse I've had of Red Rocks, which makes me MORE excited than ever!

      Delete
    2. I still can't get over your guys playing there! I've only seen one performance video of Incubus there and its such an iconic venue. I can't wait to see your guys' videos performing there!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I was able to see you guys in my home city of St. Louis instead of driving 5 hours up to Chicago. You guys rocked The Pageant! As far as the keychains go, I would have to say silver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the Nylon listing! That's awesome. On a sad note, I can't believe you've never seen Dave Matthews Live at Red Rocks. Watch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I've seen him in Salt Lake at a beautiful outdoor amphitheater, but Im sure the Red Rocks puts the show I saw to shame...

      Delete
  6. The Silversun Pickups!? Aren't you lucky?!! Congratulations on the Nylon Shop as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Meg, I met your dad at the hardware trade show in las vegas. he's such a great guy and gushes about you. good luck to you and chandler! congrats on your success! ps. dont stop performing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Meg, what are the other tour dates throughout june and july for on www.diaframptonmusic.net? I thought that was with the Fray too.... Anyway I think you should definetly release the Aviator Chandlers-theyd be sick!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Meg! I go to UCSD and I am very excited to get to see you guys perform at Sungod. The last time I was able to watch you guys was during Warped Tour 2007 at the Home Depot Center in Carson. My friend recently bought me the Willies necklace as a gift and I am in love with it, and I plan on wearing it at the festival next Friday! Maybe you'll be able to see me in the crowd.
    -Leisa

    ReplyDelete